Monday, September 7, 2009

One down, 202 to go...


So that concludes my first culinary adventure. In all, we spent about 10 hours cooking (not including getting the brine ready) over the course of two days. Pretty labor intensive. But hey, it was the kick off. And I had helpers.

I was moderately worried when I returned to Sarasota today to pick two countries for next weekend that I would end up with obscure places that would pose difficulty tracking down recipes, not to mention ingredients.

I think I lucked out. The two I picked: Panama and Myanmar.

A quick review of the Internet showed that this should not only be pretty easy to come up with recipes, but ones that look pretty tasty. So I'll be spending some time this week exploring options and will hopefully post some recipes when I am ready. I may pick a few other neighboring countries to round out the meal.

Oh and by the way, my mom filled out the application for me to get my passport renewed. So I guess all I need to do at this point is write a check and drop it in the mail. Here I come Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment