Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Next up ... Mali

So the next draw from the wine bag of fun and adventure ... Mali. I'm just planning on one country this week - for now - since the weekend is already shaping up to be pretty busy. But I have big plans to pick up my slack next weekend and do my first multi-country feast. Maybe I should have called the blog Cooking Around the World in 80 Weeks?

Mali does not appear to have a national dish that I could easily find, but it does have the legendary city of Timbuktu. I learned this when I found a decent-looking recipe called Couscous De Timbuktu, a stew made with lamb, dates and spices served over couscous. Sounded pretty good to me so I'll be making it this weekend.

In other news in my world of food, the Travel Channel's Man Versus Food filmed an episode in Sarasota that will air tomorrow (Wednesday). The word on the street is that host Adam Richman visited the Salty Dog Cafe, Munchies 420 and Yoder's Amish Restaurant, where one can find a variety of different yummy pie products.

The show will be on at 10 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. I know what they eat in Mali, and it's fucking awful. Seriously, you were right not to attempt a national dish.

    ReplyDelete