Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lebanon: Kibbeh

Lebanon's national dish, kibbeh, is pretty similar to the kabab's from Iran. The difference is the kibbeh has bulgur wheat mixed in with the meat.

And what do you know, one of my favorite celebrity chef's Emeril Lagasse actually has a kibbeh recipe. Who would have thought? The recipe is actually for kibbeh with caramelized onions and some sort of pomegranate molasses, but I just stuck with the kibbeh. Remember. Keepin' it simple.

I'm still trying to decide which one I like better - the kabab or the kibbeh. The tumeric in the kabab gave it a really nice and different flavor. The Emeril kibbeh had a variety of other spices, including all spice and cinnamon. The bulgur wheat gives it a firmer texture. Hm...

Well I'm pretty hungry after all this cooking and blogging. Now I just need to decide what to feed myself. I think I've got my meals for the week covered.
And yes, I know the kibbeh also look funny. Can't we all just see past appearances?

No comments:

Post a Comment