Saturday, October 24, 2009

Coming to terms with reality ...

I've made the executive decision this week to officially change the name of the blog to reflect the reality I won't get through all of the countries in 80 days. You may notice it now says "80-Some."

The whole Jules Verne thing was clever and all, but just not realistic. The characters in the book must not have had full-time jobs or friends to hang out with. Who knows. I never read it.

Either way, the point of the project was to be fun, not stressful. Besides, don't we all have enough deadlines anyway? And, being in a deadline driven industry, I know exactly how you really handle one that can't be met. You push it.

So who knows when this will all wrap up. I'm hoping I'll still finish within a year of when I started. But you just never know what will happen ...

No comments:

Post a Comment